The business, previously known as EJ & WA Booth commenced trading as a petrol retailer and service station on 1st September, 1939.The company’s founders were Evelyn (EJ) and Fred (WA) Booth. Their only child Kevin is currently the Managing Director of the group. Kevin’s children David, Col and Sandra are all involved in the management of the company.
A Hillman, Humber, Singer, Commer and Sunbeam franchise was obtained in the mid-1940s under the Rootes Group Ltd banner. This English company’s Australian operations were taken over by Chrysler Australia Ltd in the late-1960s. The franchise was changed at that time.
Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd purchased the operations of Chrysler in 1981, and the business has continued with that franchise. The Mitsubishi Ralliart franchise was included from May 2002 selling the amazing EVO Lancer. The Mitsubishi truck franchise was sadly handed back in 2003, after space restrictions and increased passenger vehicle volume reduced our ability to carry heavy vehicle stock.
The Hyundai franchise was added to the group from July 2004 with the purchase of ‘Peter Robert Hyundai’ at North Gosford, and Mitsubishi sales relocated to that location from September 2004.
The ‘Wyong Mitsubishi’ dealership was purchased in September 2005 and is now known as Booth’s Motor Group Tuggerah. Hyundai has since been added to that site.
The original site in the Gosford CBD dating from 1939 was still being utilised for service and parts until May 2008. A state-of-the-art Service and Parts development at North Gosford has consolidated our operations and increased our levels of customer satisfaction. A similar service and parts construction opened at our Tuggerah location in March 2014.
We are now working on plans for the upgrade of our Tuggerah Hyundai Sales operation, followed by the upgrade to Hyundai at Gosford.